IFP Energies nouvelles (IFPEN) is a partner of the BioTfueL project which aims to develop and market an end-to end chain of technologies to produce second-generation biodiesel and biojet fuel. The biodiesel and biojet fuel produced will be suitable for use in all types of diesel and jet engines, either pure or in blends.
The BioTfueL project will further develop technologies for converting lignocellulosic biomass - such as straw, forest waste and dedicated crops - into synthetic fuel, by validating their technical and economic feasibility in demonstration units and optimizing their energy efficiency and environmental impact.
IFP Energies nouvelles is a key R&D player along the entire chain of BioTfueL processes, from torrefaction for pretreatment to fuel production. IFPEN’s specific role is to provide expertise in the following fields:
• the definition and modeling of processes based on experimental data;
• the definition of specific technologies;
• technical and economic evaluation;
• the definition and development, via pilot tests, of catalytic systems capable of purifying and packaging syngas so that it is compatible with the Fischer-Tropsch process;
• expertise on the behavior of materials in the presence of specific impurities;
• expertise in trace analyses;
• well to wheel lifecycle analysis.
The Fisher-Tropsch synthesis process selected by BioTfuel is the Gasel™ process developed jointly by IFP Energies nouvelles, ENI, and Axens, which markets the process.
Partners: Axens, the CEA, IFP Energies nouvelles, Sofiprotéol, ThyssenKrupp Industrial Solutions, Total.
For further information
BioTfueL - Press Kit (
PDF - 1.6 Mo)
+ Video (3.30 min)
Phone : 01 47 52 62 07
Fax : 01 47 52 70 96